Copyright © The Haunted Hunts | All Rights Reserved
The ultimate paranormal lockdown which will test your bravery to the limit as our team will lead you into the depths of these extremely haunted tunnels to find your own way back! Built as an underground factory for WW2 the Drakelow tunnels are built into the sandstone hills and consist of 4 tunnels, approximately 250,000 sq ft. Their primary use was for the Ministry of Aircrafts Shadow Factory Scheme for use by Rover in WWII and also a backup station for the government. During the 1950s and the growing Cold War, the site was initially used by the Ministry of Supply for storage, the tunnels now lie abandoned after being sold in the 1990's. Many of the tunnels original features still remain with accommodation, kitchens, communications rooms and much more, the tunnels run for around 3.5 miles however only a quarter of these are available to tour. During the Drakelow tunnels history there have been 9 tragic deaths including 6 men who died due to a roof collapse, 2 men died whilst riding one of the conveyors and another died in a collison with a truck, it is believed that some of these men still haunt the Drakelow tunnels today. The paranormal activity that is said to occur in the tunnels is famous across Britain and many guests and staff have witnessed unexplainable events inside this dark mysterious location. Ghostly figures are known to be seen on a regular basis walking down each of the 4 tunnels accompanied by the sound of footsteps. The sound of talking has also been witnessed many times whilst no one is around and upon investigation by staff members the tunnels remained completely empty. Dogs are known to act in a very strange way inside the tunnels as if they are chasing somebody, they are also known to stop and stare randomly before growling at nothing. One area of the tunnels is believed to be particularly active and even stones have been thrown from out of nowhere in this section. The old accommodation units are famous for shadow figures suddenly appearing and then darting between rooms followed by the sinister sound of laughter. Join us on the ultimate lockdown as you will be taken into the depths of these famously haunted tunnels to confront whatever or whoever still remains in the darkness. Our investigations at the Drakelow tunnels are not for people who scare easily or for those who suffer from claustrophobia as you will be locked down until the early hours in the pitch black. Our team will lead you into each of the 4 tunnels for you to confront the hauntings of this terrifying location..... do you dare?
The famous Bolling Hall in Bradford is a must for any ghost hunter, the hall even has it's own 'Ghost Room' and the paranormal activity that occurs inside this old hall is fascinating with it's famous apparition of a ghost lady who is often seen on a certain staircase. The earliest part of the building dates back to the 14th century, by 1316 the manor was owned by William Bolling and remained in his family until the late 15th century when the hall then came under the Tempests family control until 1649. During the Civil War the hall was used as a royalist base and was an important location for the siege of Bradford, The royalists took the town which had a strong parliamentarian following and it is believed that many of these men were executed without mercy. After the Civil War the Bolling estate changed hands many times until it was eventually given to the town of Bradford in 1912, it now serves as a period house and museum. The hauntings of Bolling Hall are well documented with many pictures, videos and eye witness accounts available to view both inside the hall itself and across the internet. There are reportedly up to 20 ghosts inside Bolling Hall, the most famous of these include a lady dressed in white who is regularly seen on one of the staircases, a man who is believed to be a priest who appears in one of the upstairs bedrooms, numerous children and another lady who is believed to have lost her child at birth, there is a crib in one of the rooms that is often seen rocking back and forth. Reports of hauntings have existed inside Bolling Hall since the 1600's when the Earl of Newcastle was awoken during the night by the apparition of a lady who told him to 'petty poor Bradford' this resulted in him changing his orders for his soldiers to only kill those who offered armed resistance. This bedroom is now known as the 'Ghost Room' and has an extremely strange feel to it. Our investigations at Bolling Hall give our guests a chance to explore some of the most haunted areas of the location as you will be locked down until the early hours inside this most haunted of locations. Will you see the famous ghost lady that appears on one of the staircases? Will you witness things move in front of your very eyes? Will you hear the disembodied cries of the lady who lost her child? Join us for a night you will never forget.
Stratford Upon Avon
The famous Smithills halls in Bolton are riddled with history and hauntings, some say that this location sits in the top ten most haunted places in Britain. Dating back to 1335 William Radcliffe acquired the manor from the Hultons who held it from the Knights Hospitaller. On Radcliffe's death in 1369 it passed to his son and heir Sir Ralph Radcliffe, the Radciffes lived there until 1485, when the male line failed and Smithills Hall passed to the Bartons, wealthy sheep farmers who lived there for nearly 200 years. The Bartons took great pride in Smithills and extended it's halls and built more living quarters to show off their great home, they would host many feasts with guests coming from all over to visit the great Barton home. In 1553 Queen Mary had taken the throne of England, she was determined to overturn the religious changes made by her father King Henry VIII, many Protestants left the country fearing her intentions. During the early part of Mary's reign a fiercely devout Protestant preacher named George Marsh was teaching in and around the parishes of Bolton, this angered the local authorities and in 1554 local magistrate Robert Barton of Smithills was ordered to arrest George Marsh and examine him on a possible charge of heresy. After interrogating him in one of the upstairs rooms at Smithills Barton ruled that Marsh should be put on trial, Marsh was filled with rage and on the way down the stairs he stamped his foot so hard on one of the flagstones that it left his footprint, this can still be seen today. George Marsh was later burnt outside the walls of Chester however something had stirred within Smithills walls, strange activity had started being reported. Smithills then passed to the Shuttleworth family when Richard Shuttleworth married Margery Barton who had become a widow when Robert died, they spent a lot of time away from Smithills and Richard chose to appoint his younger brother Thomas to manage the estate and prepare for the Spanish invasion in 1588, communities like Smithills began preperations for war, new weapons and armour were ordered. Following the death of Margery Smithills then passed to the next in line in 1592, this was Ralph Barton who was the brother of Margery's first husband Robert. in 1659 Smithills was eventually passed in marriage to the Belasyse family who owned multiple estates across England, they did not need to stay at Smithills so instead leased out much of the land to a variety of tenants, the great hall was turned into a brewery whilst other rooms were used for weaving until eventually in 1723 Smithills was sold to Joseph Byrom a very wealthy man from Manchester. The Byroms owned Smithills for much of the 1700's but paid little attention to it letting it fall into decay whilst they lived in their great town house in Manchester. Smithills fortunes changed in 1870 when Richard Henry Ainsworth known as 'The Colonel' inherited the estate from his uncle, he immediately began work on the existing halls and rooms adding an Elizabethan and Tudor style. It was during this period that Richard took notice of the strange goings on in Smithills, he came to the conclusion that the ghost of George Marsh was haunting the location and had the flagstone of Marshes footprint removed from the building it was this moment which changed Smithills from a family home into a house of horrors as severe paranormal activity began to torment the Ainsworth's, it became so bad that Richard had the flagstone returned to it's original place. The flagstone was misplaced and the footprint of George Marsh was placed backwards, is this why Smithills is still so active today? The hauntings at Smithills are well known with some staff having to leave the building due to being so frightened, objects are known to move during the night and are found in a completely different place the following morning this is common in the Victorian section where Richard Ainsworth spent much of his time, wine glasses have been seen moving by themselves on one of the tables, is this the ghost of Richard? A lady has been seen on many occasions in the Great Hall and a recent wedding photograph shows the full apparition of a man stood behind the bride and groom. The area where George Marshes footprint lies is very active, is this the frightening activity that has been witnessed for hundreds of years? The ghost of George Marsh is known to cause severe poltergeist activity and he has been seen on many occasions by staff and guests. The ghosts of two children are also known to haunt the location and soldiers dressed in Civil War uniform have been seen in the Tudor section. The sound of horses trotting passed the building is also a common occurrence during the middle of the night, people often head out to see what is going on but there are no horses to be seen. Smithills is so haunted that people visit from all over in hope of catching the sight of one the halls famous ghosts, with three different areas of the building to explore including a medieval section, a Tudor section and a Victorian section our investigations at Smithills are enough to test even the most hardened sceptic, with it's dark halls and servants corridors what awaits our guests at this most haunted of houses?
Shakespeare's country is well known for it's beautiful historic buildings and is famous all over the world for it's hauntings so what better place to investigate than Stratford Upon Avon's very own ghost house? Falstaff's is the oldest house in the town and is now known as 'Tudor World' it is literally dedicated to what life would have been like during Tudor times and it's ghosts. There has been a property on the site since 1196 however the first known occupant was a gentleman called William Shrieve who lived at the house in 1536. The house is still known now as 'The Shrieve House' which means the Sheriff's house suggesting he was a Sheriff during that time. William Shrieve was an archer for King Henry VIII and he was given the house in favour, William served as an important figure in the town of Stratford Upon Avon. There have been several severe fires in Stratford and in 1595 much of the town was burnt including the front of the Shrieve's house, much of it was rebuilt and it became a Tavern in the early 1600's where William Shakespeare himself would have walked through. The Tavern was owned by a man called William Rogers who is said to have been the inspiration behind Shakespeare's character 'Falstaff' who appeared in 2 of Shakespeare's plays, a large man with a loud voice. There is also documented evidence that William Rogers family had strong connections with Shakespeare, as Shakespeare's daughter Suzannah was close friends with Elizabeth, the daughter of the Rogers; Shakespeare also left their nephew, William Walker, 20 shillings in his will. At this time the property would have consisted of not only the house but outhouses, a stable and a blacksmiths. There was also an upstairs area that a gentleman named John Davis lived, he helped people around the town by mending shoes and other items however John Davis had an extremely dark side to him. John was a psychotic killer and had a severe hatred towards pretty women, he had been responsible for the death of over 20 women all over England and 5 of them were prostitutes who worked at the Tavern itself, John Davis later disappeared and was never seen again. In 1642 the Civil War had begun and the very first battle took place at Kineton, 12 miles from Stratford. Many of the Parlimamentary troops, under the command of Colonel Behr, were billeted at the Tavern including many Mercenaries. Falstaff's nowadays is more peaceful and is a famous tourist attraction which includes it's famous ghost walks and of course the location is used regularly for ghost hunts. Most of it's original features remain as well as John Davis's workshop which is now used as a Seance room and is only available to serious ghost hunting teams. This brings us to the hauntings of Falstaff's.... the location is said to be one of the most severely haunted houses in the country with the ghosts of prostitutes, soldiers and even a pick pocket all known to haunt the building. During the 1900's the skeleton of a young boy was found 3 feet under the floor of what is now the gift shop, it is believed a boy was tortured and hung on the upper floors of Falstaff's when the building was a Tavern. Mercenary soldiers believed the boy was a spy due to him being obsessed with their armour and weaponry, the drunk soldiers took great pleasure in torturing the young boy before hanging him and burying his body. A hanging figure has been seen many times in the exact area the boy was believed to have been hung, guests and staff have seen this apparition on many occasions even resulting in a 6 year old child asking his parents 'what did that boy do that was so wrong?' It was impossible for the child at that time to know this information. Guests often feel very strange in the exact spot that this young boy was buried and the hanging apparition is still seen on a regular basis. A young girl has been seen running around the second floor and many people have had their pockets tugged and even jewellery removed, this is said to be the ghost of a pick pocket, a small girl who was well known in the area during the 1800's. The most terrifying haunting of Falstaff's is said to be the ghost of John Davis, The psychotic killer who was responsible for the death of over 20 women across England during the early 1600's. His workshop is now the top floor attic of Falstaff's which is used as a Seance room, the ship room underneath has been the scene of doors slamming by themselves, disembodied footsteps and even the sound of a man talking to himself. Guests have been pushed in this area and huge unexplained cold spots have appeared from nowhere before moving to other sections of the room, women often feel extremely vulnerable in this area and some have even had to leave the house due to being so frightened. Does the ghost of John Davis still haunt this area of Falstaff's? Our investigations of Falstaff's are sure to test your bravery to the limit as the entire building is locked down in complete darkness, will you witness one of the ghosts that make this one of England's most haunted houses?
Ordsall Hall in Salford, Manchester dates back to the 15th century although the original hall on the site was built in 1251 and owned by David De Hulton. It later passed to the Radclyffe family around 1335 and continued to pass through the family for 300 years. During the 1340s Sir John Radclyffe campaigned with Edward III in France, distinguishing himself at the battles of Caen, Crècy and Calais. As a reward for his service, the king allowed Sir John to take some Flemish weavers back to his Ordsall estate, where he built cottages for them to live in. English weaving skills at that time were poor, and textiles from Manchester were considered to be of particularly poor quality, so the Flemish weavers were employed in instructing the local weavers. They also started up a silk weaving industry, the foundation for Manchester's later cotton industry. Ordsall Hall passed through many different families and rich owners over the years slowly deteriorating until it was purchased by the Earl Egerton of Tatton who restored it in 1896. Salford Corporation purchased Ordsall Hall from the executors of the Baron Egerton of Tatton in 1959 and after major restoration work it was opened to the public in April 1972, as a period house and local history museum. Ordsall Hall is known for William Harrison Ainsworth's 1842 novel Guy Fawkes. It is said the famous gunpowder plot of 1605 was planned in the house. The hauntings of Orsdall Hall make it one of the most haunted halls in Britain and even multiple ghostcams have been installed around the location, these cameras have picked up many sightings including the apparition of a lady dressed in a white dress walking across the great hall and then vanishing. It is said to be the spirit of Lady Margaret Radclyffe who has been seen on many occasions walking around the Great Hall and Star Chamber. Sir John Radclyffe has also been seen in the Star Chamber and is known to appear by the fireplace suddenly and then vanish! Female guests who enter the house are known to attract Sir John and many women have been touched and even pushed by him. The spirit of a young girl named Cecily can be heard and seen running around the house, she is also attracted to female guests and is known to respond to ladies who call our her name, the smell of roses is very strong when she is around. The attic is a hot spot for paranormal activity and the spirits of 2 male servants are known to haunt this section. Guests who are brave enough to attend our investigations at Ordsall Hall should be very wary of this section of the location as people have been pushed violently and had one of the male spirits whisper in their ears and blow in their faces. The old dungeon which is not accessible was known to hold naughty servants during the Radclyffe reign, could these be two of the servants who were held in the dungeon? Ordsall Hall can become a house of horrors during paranormal investigations and although none of the spirits that are grounded in the location are evil, it is clear some of them do not want people in their home and often make it known to people who dare enter at night. Knocks and bangs, disembodied footsteps and voices, people being pushed and made to flee the building. Ask yourself…. Are you brave enough to join us at Ordsall Hall?
This ancient fortress has stood since the 1100's and was originally a Norman manor house before being converted into a Motte and Bailey in 1138 for William Peverel in support of Empress Matilda, the daughter of Henry I against King Stephen, nephew of King Henry I, and claimant to the throne during The Anarchy. In the late 1140s, the lordship of Whittington, like Oswestry and Overton ceased to be part of England and became part of in the Kingdom of Powys. The castle passed through different ownerships before it was destroyed by Llywelyn ab Iorwerth of Gwynedd in 1223 and was later given back as part of the peace treaty and was rebuilt in stone with an inner Bailey and a moat surrounded the entire location. The castle stood as a bastion for the next half century defending Shropshire from invasion by the Welsh until the conquest of Wales by Edward I in 1283. After the defeat of Llewelyn ap Gruffydd, the castle became a lordly residence for the FitzWarin family. However, after the death of Fulk XI in 1349, the castle went through a long period when the lords were almost always under age and usually absentees, eventually in 1404 the lordship was laid waste during the rebellion of Owen Glendower, so that the lordship was worth nothing in 1407, however the castle was not captured. Whittington castle later became center to bitter feuds and many lords felt they had claim to it after the FitzWarin line had ended with the death of Fulk XI. The castle was eventually exchanged between John Bourchier, 2nd Earl of Bath and King Henry VIII in 1545 with Bourchier receiving estates in Devon closer to his family home. Whittington castle was never inhabited again, instead it passed through many different ownerships remaining baron and falling into ruin until eventually being restored by William Lloyd in 1808 before being rented out as a farm house, it continued to be a house until the 1990's. Whittington castle has seen so many battles it would be impossible to name and date them all, most recently, armour dating back to the Civil War was found in the moat that still surrounds the castle today, the armour remains in the castle and it is clear to see the puncture holes made by either a pike or an arrow, you can even see where the blood has stained the armour. This ancient castle has passed through so many different lords and family's it is no wonder you can sense it's history just by stepping through it's doors, most interestingly though is the feeling of being watched from every corner of this historic location. Whittington castle is one of the most haunted castles in Britain and although it is now only half of it's original size, it remains very intimidating. Constant reports from staff and guests of ghostly sightings and intense paranormal activity make this location a must for any ghost hunter, all of it's rooms are known to have some sort of activity in them with full apparitions caught on camera to sightings in the upstairs windows, disembodied footsteps, doors opening and closing by themselves all reported to happen on a regular basis. The room the armour now lies in is often very active and the upstairs corridor is known to be haunted by both children and a woman from the World War 2 period. The old court room is a very interesting place, there may have once been hangings in this section. It is not only the inside of the castle that has it's strange happenings but also the ruined tower where the dungeon once existed and grounds, with shadow figures seen regularly and strange light anomaly's our investigations at Whittington castle will put guests through their paces both inside and outside. The grounds were inhabited by many workers and soldiers during this locations long history, not only that but the sheer amount of death this patch of land has seen from both natural causes and the many battles that have taken place here it is no surprise that there are many ghostly sightings both medieval and more recent seen to this day.
Mill Street Barracks was built in 1861 and is steeped in military and local history. It has accommodated many branches of the armed forces throughout its time and was used in numerous wars. The barracks has connections with the local church and a tunnel was found that led to the church, this was believed to be where bodies were blessed before being returned. Mill Street Barracks has been used for many purposes over it's long history, it was used as a morgue and it was even used as an isolation unit for TB patients. However the barracks main purpose was for the Home Guard and soldiers who would depart from these Barracks to leave for war, most of them never returning home to loved ones. With so much history and so many deaths related to the building, Mill Street Barracks is the most haunted building in St Helens and one of the most famous on Merseyside where it is known to have overwhelming paranormal activity. We do not know the exact number of spirits that haunt the barracks but we believe it's possible that there are up to at least 20 spirits that still haunt the building. With so many soldiers passing through as well as nurses, patients and old caretakers, Mill Street Barracks is extremely active and countless accounts of activity has been recorded there. Shadow figures patrol the upper levels, loud screams can be heard from under the building, the spirit of a dog has been seen on many occasions as well as a man in uniform and the sound of painful moans can be heard in the main hall. A truly brilliant place to investigate with so many different spirits attached to the building. Are you brave enough to join us at Mill Street Barracks?
St Helens, Merseyside
Mill Street Barracks
Following an investigation into prison conditions the Denbighshire justices resolved to build a new model prison in Ruthin on the site of the old Bridewell and so work began on Ruthin Gaol in 1775. What began as a small prison only having four holding cells, Ruthin Gaol was later extended and was able to hold up to a hundred inmates, it was built in the style of London's Pentonville Prison. There is only one recorded execution in Ruthin Gaol's history and that is the execution of William Hughes who murdered his wife, he was hanged on 17th February 1903 after his plea of insanity had failed. An inmate called John Jones managed to escape the prison twice, first on 30th November 1879 when he walked out of the prison with three others while the staff were having supper. A £5 reward was offered for his capture, which happened the following 3rd January. On 30th September 1913 he tunnelled out of his cell and using a rope made out of his bedding he climbed over the roof of the chapel and kitchen and got over the wall, after seven days living rough on the Nantclwyd Estate several miles away, Jones was shot in the leg by one of his pursuers, 19-year-old Reginald Jones-Bateman. Jones died of shock and blood loss, while Jones-Bateman was charged with manslaughter, though the charges were subsequently dropped. Ruthin Gaol was a place of misery for the many inmates many of them were known to be mistreated by a guard named William Kerr. Kerr simply vanished one day during his rounds and it is thought that the inmates murdered him and hid his body after years of being tortured by him. Ruthin Gaol is our biggest location and most intimidating. The feeling of being followed is a regular occurrence in the main corridor and female guests usually feel very uneasy. The ghost of William Hughes who was hanged in the prison has been seen and is known to slam the door of the condemned man’s cell. In the room there is a scene set of his last night in the cell before his execution the following morning. The audio commentary is regularly set off by itself in this cell. Another male spirit has been sighted on numerous occasions, this is believed to be the ghost of William Kerr who we believe was murdered by the inmates. There is also a young girl who haunts the prison she can be heard laughing and the ghost of escapee John Jones limps down the main section of the prison. The most fascinating paranormal activity happens in Ruthin Gaol such as the cell doors closing one by one in a domino like effect and huge balls of light fly through the corridors. Ruthin Gaol is rife with activity but has a very intimidating atmosphere, would you test your bravery at this historic prison?
Ruthin, North Wales
Chester... One of England's most historic and haunted cities. Stanley Palace is without doubt the most haunted building in Chester and one of our best locations. Stanley Palace formerly known as 'Derby House' is a 16th century building that stands on the site previously occupied by the Dominican Friars (The 'Black Friars') in medieval times. The house was built for a knight called Peter Warburton, a Chester Lawyer who advanced to become a sergeant-at-law and MP for Chester, a county finance manager and a judge. The house was passed to his daughter Elizabeth in 1621, she married Sir Thomas Stanley who gave his name to the house. It is known that Hesketh, a sporting gentleman who held parties for the race-goers, once occupied it before the house deteriorated and became 3 shabby cottages, the cottages were passed from owner to owner and in 1866 the Americans wished to transport the house to the USA. Fortunately the Chester Archaeological Society prevented this. In 1889, Edward Henry Stanley, 15th Earl of Derby, came to the rescue by buying it to have it preserved for the community. In 1911 it was opened as a museum and the three cottages merged to form one house again, tunnels were found under a trap door which led to Chester castle and the Watergate and finally in 1928 the 17th Earl of Derby passed the house over to Chester City Council on a 999-year lease. The Council commenced work to restore and extend the building. Stanley Palace has so much history behind it we are hardly surprised it is Chester's most haunted building. Elizabeth's spirit has been seen on many occasions by guests and still roams the hallways. James the 7th Earl of Derby campaigned for the Royalist cause, but was captured and held in Chester Castle, he was executed in Bolton by Cromwell's followers. It is said that he was betrayed by his trusted manservant, a sympathizer of Oliver Cromwell. The Earl whilst held in Chester Castle, escaped but was recaptured on the riverbank and spent his last few days inside Stanley Palace, the spirit of the servant has been seen on numerous occasions. Victorian Children have been seen running around the house and into different rooms and an old man with a stick has been seen chasing them. The sound of crying, loud footsteps and arguing are frequently heard in the house and white mist has been caught on camera on many occasions flying up the main stairway. Stanley Palace is highly active and is an absolute must for ghost hunters. We rate this location five stars and strongly suggest our guests book their places for this location in advance.
The plan to open an Orphanage in Liverpool for the children of men lost at sea began in 1868 and in 1871 the Seaman's Orphan Institute was constructed on the North East side of Newsham Park over a 7000 square foot plot of land. In 1874 the Orphanage opened it's doors and by 1899, 321 children occupied it. During the second world war the children were evacuated with many of them moving to the Wirral and the Seaman's Orphan Institute began to decline until eventually closing in 1949. Places in various schools were made available for the children who lived in the Orphanage with many of them moving to the Royal Merchant Navy School in Bearwood. In 1951 the Ministry of Health purchased the Orphanage and turned it into a hospital. Newsham Park Hospital opened its doors in 1954 the hospital developed its own psychiatric department and received an influx of patients with severe mental problems. The hospital officially stopped taking new patients in 1988 and in 1992 all remaining patients and staff were relocated. In 1992 with the closure of Rainhill Lunatic Asylum the inmates were moved to Newsham Park Hospital taking up 90% of its space and Newsham Park Asylum now housed some of the most severe mental patients in Britain such as Ian Brady. In 1997 Newsham Park Asylum closed and is now owned by property developers, the location has remained untouched and beds, machines, wheelchairs etc all remain. Without a doubt our largest location, Newsham Park Hospital holds the crown as our most terrifying location and is said to be possibly the most haunted location in England. Our team have exclusive access to some of the most horrific areas of this old Asylum such as the naughty boys corridor, laundry area, autopsy room and patients rooms. Each area of this location is highly active with growls, grunts, laughter and screams all heard from it's dark rooms, tunnels and stairways, poltergeist activity is also said to occur inside certain areas with doors known to open and close by themselves, tables and chairs move and much more. Newsham Park Hospital can be one of the most terrifying experiences of your lives..... do you dare join us inside this Asylum?
Newsham Park Asylum
To See Pictures From Our Investigations At These Locations Please Click 'Events Gallery' And To See The Evidence Captured At These Locations Please Click 'Evidence Gallery'.
For 4000 years the land that Tatton Old Hall stands on has been occupied by human settlements. Anglo Saxons and Norman Knights once occupied the land that is now the disappeared village of Tatton. The Great Hall was built at the turn of the 15th century although it is not clear by whom, some say it was the powerful Stanley family who altered the course of history by putting Henry Tudor on the throne of England. Others say it was Sir Richard Brereton who allied himself to the Stanley's through marriage. By 1598 a more comfortable two-storey wing had been added and Sir Thomas Egerton, Lord Chancellor of England, now owned the estate. It was the heart of a very busy working estate and lay on one of the busiest trade routes in England. There have been many battles over the 4000 years on this particular part of land, most recently the Civil War where it is believed Tatton Old Hall was hit by a cannon ball. As the fortunes and status of the building changed it was eventually turned into cottages for estate workers. In the downstairs rooms of the Old Hall you can see life as it would have been for a Victorian gamekeeper and his family before you move on to rooms set in 1958, the last year of Egerton ownership. With so much history dating back over thousands of years Tatton Old Hall is our oldest location and is without a doubt one of our most haunted. At one point there would have been over 20 children staying in the hall and many of them still haunt the building today, there are regular sightings of small children running in and out of rooms. A lady in a dress can also be seen wandering the walkway above The Great Hall. Loud bangs and shadow figures are frequently heard and seen in The Great Hall. A nasty spirit of one of the old gamekeepers likes to make his presence known to guests by pushing them and appearing out of nowhere, the feeling of someone running towards you is often felt before he appears. The most fascinating thing about Tatton Old Hall is that it is known to have a portal in the doorway of one of the rooms, many experts have tried to understand this portal but it still remains a mystery. Pagans from Denmark first discovered the portal while visiting the location and many people feel an electric shock whilst walking into the room where a lady has been seen sat looking out of the window. This room has a very strange feeling to it as soon as you walk in and many people refuse to enter the room due to feeling very uneasy. The caretaker of the building has witnessed strange activity for many years whilst working alone there and many guests who attend the day tours have been touched. Are you brave enough to step into history and venture into one of the most haunted locations in Britain?
Tatton Park, Cheshire
Tatton Old Hall
Ye Olde Kings Head.... Located in the centre of Chester, the Ye Olde Kings Head was built in 1622 on foundations dating back to the early 1200s. Boasting Elizabethan fireplaces and timber recovered from one of Admiral Lord Nelson's sunken ships, this Inn has many stories to tell. If you want to come face to face with a spirit, this is one of the most likely places for that to happen. The Ye Olde Kings Head is one of the most haunted Inns in Britain and is said to have at least 13 active spirits and 6 of the 8 rooms are rife with activity. Strange noises can be heard throughout the Inn, objects move and huge mist like shadows fly around the upper floors. Medieval prostitutes known as 'Ladies In Red' haunt the function room upstairs where the old brothel used to be and a fully armoured Roman soldier has been sighted on a paranormal night and was caught on camera. Now a hotel guests constantly witness sightings and strange goings on as they settle down for an uneasy sleep inside this extremely haunted building. The owner of the Inn keeps a book full of evidence which we can show you if you dare attend this investigation.
Ruabon, North Wales
Ye Olde Kings Head
Built in 1690, this Gothic style country house is situated at the head of a bucolic valley, in the centre of its 500-acre estate, which straddles the English/Welsh border. It is by far our most mysterious location with very little history on the location due to records being 'burnt' in a fire. Pen Y Lan Hall sits on the land previously occupied by a farm house which may have dated back to the 1400's, it is a must visit for anyone interested in the paranormal world. The dining room is an area for some of our best ever evidence and constant results occur here, footsteps and voices can be heard from the empty rooms and hallways and shadows can be seen lurking in the dark. Both the hall and the grounds are very active, full body apparitions have been seen on many occasions and people have been touched by an unseen presence. The hall itself has a very impressive cellar which may have once held prisoners, screams and the sound of a crying baby can be heard from the many dark tunnels in this section of the hall. Many ghosts of children have been seen and even caught on camera around this location and a very negative spirit lurks in the old stable barns of the Pen Y Lan estate. Our investigations at Pen Y Lan Hall are sure to test your nerves to the limit. Are you brave enough?
Pen Y Lan Hall